Search Engine Optimization
In today’s technology-laden world, the internet is the most utilized resource for finding products and services. Search engine optimization is a methodology that aims to drive traffic to your website instead of your competitors’ sites. Google, the most widely used search engine, constantly changes how sites are ranked in an effort to give the public more relevant results. Staying on top of the subtle and not-so-subtle changes to Google’s algorithm is critical to your practice because your site can fall hundreds of rankings overnight.
Finding Patients in a High-Tech World
Smartphones are an integral part of day-to-day life, and like you, your customers rely on the information they garner from these high-tech devices. According to Nielsen, more than half of mobile users have smartphones. Additionally, consider the following statistics:
- People between the ages of 25 and 34 account for the majority of smartphone owners
- Approximately 75 percent of people between the ages of 18 and 24 have smartphones
- The number of people over 55 years old who own smartphones has more than doubled in recent years
- Three out of five women have smartphones
These statistics reveal that your patient demographic is well-represented among internet and smartphone users.
Is Your Website Driving Patients to Your Competitor?
Unfortunately, offering superb services is not enough to attract website traffic. The statistics of how people choose one business over another are staggering, especially with regard to mobile device traffic. In 2012, Google reported the following:
- More than two-thirds of all Internet users are more likely to buy from companies with mobile-friendly websites
- 96% of users encounter sites that are not mobile friendly
- 79% of users who do not find what they need on a site will search for a competitor site
- Approximately half of the users who like a company but not the website experience opt for using a higher-quality site, even if they like the business less
Is Your Website Undermining Your Reputation?
In today’s economy, practices like yours are struggling to attract new patients, and supply is much higher than demand. Have you considered that your website influences brand perception? A poorly designed site can actually drive customers to your competition, even if your services are superior.
- Almost half of mobile users are frustrated by sites that are not optimized for mobile devices
- More than one-third of users feel that sites that are not optimized for mobile devices waste their time, a limited resource in a high-pace world
- More than half of mobile users who have a bad online experience are less likely to use a business
- Almost half of users who experience sites that are not optimized for mobile devices perceive companies as not caring about their business
Simplifying the Complexity of Customer-Driven Google Rankings
One of the primary factors of your Google ranking is visitor traffic and time on your site. If your site is not appropriately designed to maximize user experience, you could find your website buried in Google search results under hundreds of other similar practices. Many of these practices may not necessarily be the best option for patients but may simply be more visible and attractive on the internet. Vision Consulting aligns with strategic partners to simplify your SEO and online presence by staying abreast of the frequent changes to Google algorithms. Your site is strategically optimized to give users a high-quality experience that is congruent with the experience they have in your practice.